Each region has its own recipe pie, because in Greece we love green pies very much. Each one is unique and with different dough.

Ms. Rebecca asked to make  one with homemade dough and of course I could’ t refuse! A pie filled with many herbs and feta cheese crumbled in, that appears when you break the crisp dough which containing it.

The dough is handmade but do not be afraid is quick and easy to knead and handle.

We can have prepared earlier the greens and put them in the freeze so when we want to make the pie, just make the dough.

It is an excellent brunch for children at school and for us at work, can easily have with us a piece.








  • 800 g. fresh spinach, well washed and cleaned
  • 2 leeks
  • 1 bunch dill
  • 1 bunch parsley
  • 1 large onion
  • 250 g. slice
  • 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1 ½ teaspoon curry
  • 2 large or 3 medium eggs
  • linseed or sesame or poppy seeds, for sprinkling (optional)

For the dough:

  • 180 ml olive oil
  • 240 ml water
  • 1 large pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 550 g. flour for all uses


  1. Wash and drain well all vegetables.
  2. Scour and cut into large pieces the spinach. In a large pot put 3 cm of water when it boils put in spinach. Close the lid to «sit» spinach with vapors, stir once and in three minutes drains it well and place it in a colander to leave most of the fluids.
  3. Scour and fritter other greens – herbs and dice the onion.
  4. In another saucepan throw 2 -3 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the onion for 2 minutes add leeks and bake for 3 minutes. I throw in the well drained spinach and leave for 3 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated the herbs. I continue with parsley, dill, salt, pepper for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
  5. I spread the contents of the pan into a large baking sheet to cool.
  6. In a large bowl pour the oil, water, salt, baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon or with my hand. Gradually add flour until dough that can be coined without sticking to hands.
  7. Cover with membrane and leave it 10 minutes at room temperature to rest.
  8. Mold it a sausage and divided it into two parts a larger (60% of total length) and a smaller one (the remaining 40%). Cover membrane the smallest piece while the larger part open in round dough with a rolling pin, on a well floured surface. The diameter should be slightly larger than that of the pan.
  9. Grease the pan and transfer the opened dough over it. With kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut half a centimeter beyond the edges of the pan. Using the fork puncture the surface of the dough.
  10. I mix in a small bowl eggs and hurl (leaving a little of the mixture to be smeared over the pie) in the grass with curry. With hands sting half the feta and stir through. Pour filling over the sheet on a baking tray and straighten the surface. I cut the rest of the slice into cubes and sprinkle on top. With a fork or knife wring pieces of feta to prevent sticking.
  11. I open the remaining dough again into a round shape approximately as much as the diameter of the pan. Using the rolling pin convey the dough over the filling blanketing. I cut the dough protruding from pan lips.
  12. With hands catch around the edges of both sexes and wriggle gently to unite and to close them in the stuffing.
  13. Spread the egg rest on the sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
  14. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius, placing the pan on the lower rack for 30 minutes. Convey the pan on the middle rack and continue baking for another 30 minutes. After passing this time put air and leave for another 10-15 minutes. Once browned over is ready.
  15. Remove from the oven, leave to cool 15 minutes and serve warm or cold.



2019-09-23T21:44:44+02:001 Οκτωβρίου 2015|Uncategorized|