The ideal time for this full of sea food. The pasta takes the flavor of the Aegean shrimp that may fall short in size but their taste can not reach any other.
Now that fresh shrimps are abundant, mix with pasta and red sauce that makes adding juicy aromas of the food.
The baking makes the ingredients unite cheese melt lazily above them.
2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES
- 1.200 g. fresh shrimps
- 600 g orzo
- 4 tomatoes, ripe, grated
- 100 ml white wine
- vegetable broth powder
- ½ teaspoon tomato paste
- 240 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, cut into thinly sliced
- 60 g. dry anthotyros cheese, grated
- 60 g. reggato cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash shrimp 2 to 3 times with plenty of running water and clean. Pick 10 to 15 shrimp, larger and put on a plate. Chip off the rest of the shrimp and keep their heads. When chip off all the juice that will drain from the strainer, hold after the strained juices.
- In a small pan put 100 ml olive oil and when it warmed up, throw the heads from the shrimps and sauté over high heat, stirring and pressing heads with a fork, to make their taste for 7 minutes. Blow out with white wine and after passing two minutes to have the alcohol evaporates, pour ½ teaspoon of Vegetable broth powder and juice of the drained shrimp. Add 120 ml water and 2 tablespoons oil yet. I still press them on other 7 -8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, drain heads and hold their juice.
- Scrape the grated tomatoes, mince the leek, onion, ginger, garlic and sliced the small onion.
- I put to fire a large pan with 100 ml of olive oil, just warm throw the gross raw shrimps and saute, both sides for 1.5 to 2 minutes total, until they change color. Pull them out with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Now I throw in the pan the peeled shrimp stirring occasionally for 1.5 to 2 minutes, and the doff them on a plate.
- Increase heat in the same pan put the leeks, onions, garlic, ginger and ½ teaspoon vegetable broth powder. Let soften the onions and mix the paste after the diced tomatoes and add to them with the juice from the heads of the shrimps, salt and pepper. Let the sauce boil for 20 minutes. 1.5 to 2 minutes before it is ready I throw the peeled shrimps and cooked them. If during the boiling sauce lose a lot of fluids and tends to dry add a little water.
- While boiling the sauce put the orzo in boiling water after I throw salt and ½ teaspoon of vegetable broth powder. I leave to be al dente tight not fully cooked. Drain the water, them back in the pot with ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the sauce is ready, put it into the pot with the orzo and stir well to mix the ingredients. I throw the mixture into baking dish or ovenproof – clay pot, garnish with gross shrimp and sprinkle cheese, reggato and athotyro.
- I cover the baking dish with a foil and bake in preheated oven at resistance at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven let stand 10 minutes and serve.