Meatballs are many, but these are not only vegetables, but without a trace of meat are unrivaled in taste. Eating them you are not going to covet the meat as they are hearty and flavorful.
Vegetables give them their soft texture, the cheese chewy bite that wins everyone and spices complement the perfect result. Crisp outside, soft and chewy inside.
Who bears not to try? Whoever tried can not be left only in one…
1,5 – 2 HOURS
- 8 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/3 cup reggato, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup dry cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ onion
- 1 fresh onion (optional)
- ½ teaspoon fresh or dry basil
- ½ teaspoon fresh or dry mint
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 5 – 6 tablespoons flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
- I rub the zucchini on grater and wring well in my handfuls to remove as much liquid as I can. The place in a strainer, salt them and leave to remove their fluids for at least 1.5 hours.
- However I am preparing the remaining ingredients peel tomatoes, cut vertically, remove the seeds, drain well and cut into pieces. Fritter cheese into small cubes and onions.
- After it passes the time and the zucchini have downloaded wet, wring tight again for the last time and put in a large bowl. Add to it the chopped tomatoes, onions and cheese. I keep with the herbs, oregano, basil, mint, spices, salt, pepper and mix well to homogenize my mix.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add to large bowl. Finally I throw the flour and combine with the remaining ingredients to be able to tightly the mixture.
- I put the pan with the oil over medium heat and after heat well, I tablespoons of the mixture and throw into pushing the surface a bit to stretch out and be able to cook for about 4 minutes. As soon as they get a golden color, i turn on the other side and when they are ready i take them out and place them on absorbent paper.
- They serve hot or cold.