The cake is a quick and easy dessert that everyone make often. This recipe is a basic recipe for cake that is open to different versions depending on our appetite. I chose to make a more particular, using truffle that creates an impressive mosaic inside. Above the chocolate icing, truffle and icing make it more special.
Some tips help the manufacturing process to be very fluffy, which is the characteristic of this cake.
45 + 5 MINUTES
1 HOUR (WITHOUT WAITING)
- 220 g. (1 cup) + some more for the spread of mold, butter, at room temperature
- 480 g. (2 cups) sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 vanilla powder
- 380 g. (3 cups) flour soft
- 1 packet (20 g.) baking powder
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk, at room temperature
- 65 g. + a little more for decoration, chocolate truffle
- breadcrumbs for mold
For the glaze:
- 90 ml (1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons) milk
- 45 g. (3 tablespoons) butter
- 155 g. (3/4 cup + 1 teaspoons) sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- In a large bowl sift the flour and baking powder, stir well to mix.
- Spread with butter the form of cake and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl beat all whites in a tight meringue.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter until fluffy. I continue with the sugar. Then I throw one by one the egg yolks, after homogenizing each, drop next and proceed with the vanilla.
- It’s time for the flour – baking powder and milk. Throw alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Finishing with a marisa combine meringue to the mixture. Sprinkle truffle and mix gently to go everywhere.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- When the time pass and the cake is cooked, has gotten golden color and with a knife see that is internally cooked, remove from the oven. After spending 5 minutes in invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Place the rack in a roasting pan with a greaseproof paper between them.
- In a small saucepan I make my frosting. Throw all ingredients in and stir to dissolve. Put in low temperature to melt and unite. Remove from heat and leave to cool a little and make it thicker.
- Then splash it all over the cake, sift a little icing sugar and sprinkle with a little truffle on top.
- Let cool and serve.