From France come the quiche we love. There are infinite variations of the filling, with vegetables, cheese and more.
This that I make today, is very easy to prepare, does not need precooking the base and isn’ t made with butter. The flavor is rich with cheese, spicy from bacon and creamy tomato adds flavor and moisture at the end.
When you make it for the first time definitely will remake it soon. Perfect to accompany a meal, ideal for buffets and parties.
8 – 10
50 – 60 MINUTES
20 – 30 MINUTES
1 HOUR & 30 MINUTES
For the base (35 cm.):
- 90 ml olive oil
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 90 ml milk, at room temperature
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 300 g. about flour, all-purpose
For the filling:
- 140 g. emmental cheese, grated
- 140 g. cheddar cheese, grated
- 140 g. gouda cheese, grated
- 3 slices bacon, cut into cubes
- 5 slices ham, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- 4 tomato slices, finely chopped
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder.
- In another large bowl hurl all liquid ingredients, egg, olive oil, milk, salt and mix. Gradually add the flour, until dough that is molded (may need a little less or more quantity, it depends on the flour).
- I open the dough on a floured surface and convey a round baking dish or tart pan with removable bottom if you want to get out afterwards.
- Press with fingers the dough to stick well to the tart pan with a knife or pastry wheel cut around as much excess outside the walls. Cover with membrane and put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, until you prepare the filling.
- To fix the filling into a large bowl put all the grated cheese, chopped bacon and ham mixing them.
- In a bowl, mix well the eggs with the cream.
- I cut a tomato into thin slices.
- I take off the base of the refrigerator, remove the membrane and with fork hole. I drop cheeses – bacon, embellish the tomato slices on top and finally the whole splash all over the egg mixture – cream.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 * C in resistors for 50-60 minutes, putting the quiche Lorraine in the lower rack.
- I take leave to cool slightly and cut into pieces. Served both warm and cold.